Wednesday, July 11, 2012

My love of Apple Cider Vinegar!

Am I allowed to have Apple Cider Vinegar as my favorite food?  I love it.  


Until this week, my uses were limited to :
  1. Adding to my salads
  2. As a veggie dip
  3. Something I dip my hard boiled eggs into.
  4. a dressing on my barley, quinoa, and almost any other non-sweet food
I also have recommended a diluted apple cider vinegar for :
  1. Morning sickness
  2. Acid reflux
  3. For weight loss
My new and most favorite use:
  1. Dandruff
After trying every shampoo possible, I finally decided to look into Apple Cider Vinegar as a solution.  I figured, it's great for everything, why not dandruff?  Dandruff is something that I've been dealing with for about 5 years now, with it getting worse in the winter most years.  The past two years, however, the dandruff and scalp itching was becoming year round. 

What I did:

I took a tall glass from the kitchen.  Filled 1/4 of it with organic apple cider vinegar ( I don't recommend any other ones), then I filled the rest of the glass with water; stirred it with a spoon, then went into the shower.  I wet my hair fully, then tilted my head back and poured all of the mixture on my head.  I worked it in to the roots and all of the hair, then went about my other shower duties.  After 10 minutes, I rinsed my hair out thoroughly. (You will still smell the apple cider vinegar until your hair dries).  That's all I did.  No shampoo, no conditioner.  

Let me also add that for the entire day up to my hair washing, I was swimming in the ocean and sitting in the sun, so my hair was very upset with me prior to the washing. 

So right away, after the shower, I was able to easily brush through my hair, which is quite an issue usually unless I use a lot of conditioner, but this time it was sooo easy.  My hair was so soft and for once out of the shower, I didn't have a scalp full of dandruff.  Four days of no washing after and my hair was just starting to get a little greasy.  

I definitely recommend Apple Cider Vinegar hair washes for dandruff, or itchy scalp, or just for damaged hair!

2 comments:

  1. This post was not only helpful with the comment issue, but had also great links to other entertaining blogs. Some of them I will most likely keep visiting!



    Acupuncture in Edmonton

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is a link that I think you will find interesting. Thanks for this wonderful post and hoping to post more of this.
    Full Face Mask

    ReplyDelete